The time I made a post about strong female characters I did quite a bit of web browsing and more than once Vampire Knight showed up. I initially avoided watching this because I like to judge books by their covers and Vampire Knight looks girly as hell and watching something like this is going to pierce my manly pride (which I like to pretend I have).
So anyway, I’ve decided to take a look at this anime for the sake of torturing myself because I like nothing more than writhing in agony as a shoujo heroine falls for guy when he picks up her pencil for her. As you can probably tell I’m not the biggest fan of shoujo anime/manga so watching something like Vampire Knight is actually a bit of a challenge for me. Let’s see how long I last before I start having nervous breakdowns. ArtemisDSII, I know you’re going to enjoy this.
And here’s to get back at ArtemisDSII: Did you know that Vic Mignogna, the guy who did Ed’s voice, also did Zero’s voice in the English dub (not that I’m watching the English dub). Will you ever look at him the same way again?
As for the first episode of Vampire Knight, I’m impressed by the legions of mindless fangirls the Night Class has collected. Seriously, these girls flock around like man-hungry pigeons being fed their daily dose of bishie eye candy. I actually expected the first episode to be terribly bad but I was disappointed that I couldn’t find anything particularly offensive to hate on just yet.
It’s pretty blatant from the first episode that a love triangle is being setup (in which I am definitely not interested), but hey! It looks like there’s a plot revolving around Zero’s dead family, and Yuki being found in a field of snow, and blah blah blah.
Also, what is up with these vamps licking things? Is this a fetish or what?
- Why are the lights off in the Night Class? How do they study?
- What some pretty boy said about Yuki:”There aren’t any girls like her in the night class.” Like what? Did I miss a major character trait while I was staring into the deep wells of nothingness that are Yuki’s
- Man, I don’t know what they mean about the vamps being pacifists when they can’t even keep their fangs to themselves over a bit of blood.
- When Aido tries to drink Yuki’s blood the most she does is shut her eyes and yell “No! I wont let you!” and pretty much doing nothing else as he closes in on her. What happened to her “I can fend for myself” attitude? Is that all just lip service? Was she just waiting for Zero to conveniently show up and save her- the damsel in distress?
- I can’t believe Zero and Yuki just left two unconscious girls in the hands of four blood thirsty vampires. Do they actually take their job seriously or what? Watch those girls never show up again.
- As soon as Zero got into the shower and starting looking in pain I realized that he’s going to spend most of his time drowning in angst over the period of the show. Lovely!!
That’s it for now. Onward!!